Supplementing a physically active person. Is it necessary?




Intensive workouts performed almost daily make the body's needs for micro, macroelements and vitamins increasing. After a while most people start thinking about buying diet supplements, because perhaps due to the increased activity in the body appeared deficiency. Especially often the idea of ​​supplementation with protein, vitamin and mineral preparations. Equally tempting are those that are intended to facilitate the attainment or maintenance of a particular form. BCAA, maybe "fat burners"? The need to reach for all sorts of preparations seems to be the greater the more popular and promoted by fitness influencers.

The question is:


Is supplementation of a physically active person necessary
?
Before I give you my opinion, I would like to clarify what I mean by using the term "active person". This is not a definition, but rather a way of perceiving me. It is a person who takes various kinds of physical activity:


systematically (several times a week)
for one's health
to maintain a proper body weight
to get adequate body weight (slow weight reduction)
to improve performance, endurance, strength, well-being
You could still exchange, but you know more or less what I mean. Supplementation with professional athletes or people who use similar training systems is a topic I do not deal with today, although I have a question.
After these initial findings I can return to the topic.



Supplementation is intended to supplement deficiencies that are caused by insufficient supply of specific food ingredients such as protein, minerals, vitamins. My opinion is that if something happens in natural food then we should do everything to deliver it in just such a way. One hundred years ago there were no isolates, hydrolysates and BCAAs, and people were very active (no car, TV remote, elevator, know anything), slim and did not know depression. How could they function without all these supplements ?! Well, they ate normal food. Today we prefer to use the processed products, and add them to the supplement and we think that the matter is solved. When I hear "Natural Protein Serum" I do not quite know how to understand it. How does a powder that does not even resemble food can be natural? Natural nuts are for me, fruits, vegetables. Vitamins in the tablet? It's so easy and you do not have to worry about it or place a valuable product on the plate, because after all we value ourselves to sip. You do not have to eat fruits that have sugar and supposedly fatten, vegetables that do not taste like Nutella. The solution is easy and not really expensive at all, because if we were to compare the vitamin package (splash) for 100 zlotys with a few portions of fresh, varied vegetables, fruit and many other food products every day, then the first one will probably come out cheaper. There is only one problem. Mother nature so it all came up with that natural, unprocessed food is a medicine and food for us, and supplements like a lottery - you are not sure what they do or do not harm.





My experience with supplements


I happened to finish some vitamin packs, I also took magnesium for a long time. I am not able to say if they were effective, but I see how effective is "improvising" diet. I see great changes since I eat better. Here, without hesitation, I find that it has an effect on fitness during exercise, regeneration, complexion, well-being, motivation.


I used BCAA for some time. Dissolved in water before aerobic or strength training. It is difficult to say whether there was any influence on me. Is there a point to take?






Protein nutrients you could see on the blog on the occasion of a recipe for protein waffles . It is such a small springboard from everyday life. I would not like my meals to be based on such products, although sometimes you can tweak the dish that way.


Interesting facts:



Vitamins derived from food can not be overdosed because the body has given them. Excessive consumption of supplements can lead to fatal consequences of overdose. Vitamin supplements should be ordered by a doctor.
Excessive protein intake acidifies the body, and this in turn impairs kidney function, causes osteoporosis. Acidic environment is ideal for the development of cancer. Do not overdo it with protein supplements.
Supplements are also probiotics, which have a great impact on the condition of the intestines, and consequently on our resistance. It is worth using!
Due to the climate, we are all at risk of vitamin D deficiency. In the winter months, we will be exposed to sunlight as soon as we show up.
Isotonic drinks can be successfully replaced with water with: honey, lemon and salt.
People on a low-calorie diet are properly condemned for shortages.


You already know my opinion about supplementation. A balanced diet will provide everything your body needs, but everyone can have their views and have different needs. I respect this.


Do you use supplements? Do you see positive effects?





Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts